Kerrianne L. Waters
Ms. Waters is admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois and the United States District Court – Central District of Illinois. She is a member of the Peoria County Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, American Bar Association, and Women’s Bar Association of Illinois.
Ms. Waters is working with the firm’s Mass Torts Team to handle complex cases through Multi District Litigation. She heads the team’s Syngenta Viptera Corn Litigation, representing more than 275 corn producers.
In the spring of 2014, Ms. Waters was awarded The National Association of Women Lawyers Award for her academic achievement, tenacity and drive, contributions to the advancement of women in society, promotion of issues and concerns of women in the legal profession, and for showing promise to contribute to the advancement of women in society while earning the respect of the faculty.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s MS Walk
- Young Professionals of Greater Peoria
- Member of St. Jude Catholic Church
- Young Professionals of Greater Peoria, Executive Board 2018-2019
- Young Leaders Board – Illinois Cancer Care 2018-present
- Easter Seals Telethon, Volunteer 2019
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Peoria Area – Family Selection Committee 2019-present
Awards and Honors
- The National Association of Women Lawyers Award (2014)
- Pro Bono Legal Service Certificate (2012, 2013, & 2014)
Notable Cases / Publications
- Rags to Riches: How the Portrayal of Female Attorneys in the Media has Evolved From Clothes and Fashion to Focus and Success, Illinois State Bar Association – The Catalyst May 2013
- Rapists’ Rights in Illinois: The new law and what other states can learn from it, Illinois State Bar Association – The Catalyst December 2013
- Illinois Dramshop Act Practice 2016 Edition: Chapter 3 — What Is an A Pleadings in Dramshop Cases- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education- IICLE December 2015