Amira L. Vicari Hills
Ms. Vicari Hills is admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois and the United States District Court – Central District of Illinois. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Peoria County Bar Association.
Ms. Vicari Hills received her Juris Doctor degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan, where she was an honors scholarship recipient and was consecutively named to the Dean’s List. She served as an Associate Editor for the Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical and Clinical Law, was named “Outstanding Associate Editor” for the fall 2009 term and was a member of Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity. Ms. Vicari Hills’s legal education was focused on business transactions.
Prior to law school, Ms. Vicari Hills earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (with honors) from the University of Michigan-Flint, where she was a member Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society) and Phi Alpha Theta (History Honor Society).
- FamilyCore, Board of Directors (2015-present)
- Heart of Illinois United Way
- Campaign Coordinator (2011-present)
- Power of the Purse Committee
- Member (2014 – present)
- Scholarship Subcommittee Chair (2013-2015)
- GENeration United
- Member (2011- Present)
- Executive Committee (2012-2014)
- LEAD Committee Co-Chair (2012-2014)
- Prairie State Legal Services Private Bar Involvement Program
- Lawyers Helping Service Members
- American Cancer Society
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Itoo Society
- Member at St. Sharbel Maronite Catholic Church
Honors and Awards
- InterBusiness Issues, 40 Leaders under Forty (2015)
- Named an “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers Network
Notable Cases / Publications
- Faulkner v. CEFCU (In re Faulkner), 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 2018, 2013 WL 215473. Credit Union’s refusal to release title to vehicle until non-debtor co-owner paid deficiency did not violate the discharge injunction of 11 U.S.C. §524(a).